- How much medication will I receive, and how much money will I save?Most mail order prescriptions are shipped as a three-month supply (90- to 100-day supply). For some members, the mail order copay for a three-month supply is less than three months of copays in the local pharmacy. Copay savings do not apply to prescriptions picked up in the local pharmacy. Please refer to your plan benefits to find your copay for mail order prescriptions. These savings only apply to refills covered by copayments for up to a 100-day supply when prescribed by your doctor.
- What if I don’t have a mailbox or secure area at my home for the mail carrier to leave my prescription?
We can ship your prescription to an alternate address, for example, your work address or the home of a friend or relative. Simply enter the alternate address on the shipping page.
- Will my medications be damaged if left in my mailbox during very cold or hot weather?
Most medications can be delivered safely by mail as long as they are brought inside on the same day. Please talk to one of our pharmacists if you have concerns about a specific medication.
- Besides saving time and money, are there any other benefits to getting my prescriptions through the mail?
Yes. Studies show that patients who regularly refill their prescriptions by mail are more likely to take their medication consistently, and as a result, may better manage their health conditions and have healthier outcomes.
- Can I use mail order if my prescription has zero refills left?
Yes, that’s part of the convenience. We’ll automatically contact your doctor to authorize additional refills. Simply place your order a few days earlier than usual to allow enough time for authorization.
- Can all prescriptions be filled through mail order?
Most medications can be. But some are required by law to be filled in person. If your prescription can’t be refilled by mail, we’ll advise you during the ordering process.
- What if I want to pay by cash or check?
You can order your prescription refills online or by phone, but will need to pick them up at the pharmacy. Just choose the “Pick Up at Pharmacy” option in the ordering process. Remember, copay savings do not apply to prescriptions picked up in the local pharmacy. Please refer to your plan benefits to find your copay for mail order prescriptions.
- Can I order prescriptions for my family through Kaiser Permanente mail order?
Yes, you can order prescriptions for all eligible family members. (Check your plan benefits for eligibility requirements.)